Best of Kenya in One Week
From: $2,229 per person (7 days, 6 nights)
- Opportunity to spend some time exploring Nairobi
- 5 game drives (1 full day, 4 half day)
- Discover the wonder of 3 game parks - Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru and Amboseli National Park
- Huge amounts of wildlife and birdlife to be seen
- Stunning accommodation
- All transfers included
- Flexible bookings - you choose the dates
A lifetime of memoriesThe title of this tour says it all. In just seven days you will go from a luxury hotel in the heart of Kenya's cosmopolitan capital, on to the undulating savannah of the Masai Mara, before spotting birds on an alkaline lake and herds of elephants wandering across shimmering open plains.
Game viewing in the Masai Mara really is the quintessential African experience. The word Mara means “mottled” in the Masai language – a reference to the wide, rolling plains dotted with the occasional acacia or shadow from the clouds above. With such surroundings, this really is one of the best places to spot the “Big Five.” There are large prides of powerful, golden lions to be found everywhere, maybe drinking from a river or lazing in the shade. Spotting these glorious creatures hunting is also not uncommon – after all, zebras, wildebeest and other grazers occur here in mind-boggling numbers - a fact which is particularly apparent during the annual Great Migration.
A quite different yet equally stunning reserve is that of Lake Nakuru. Visitors are drawn by the reserve's famous rhino sanctuary and the unforgettable sights of thousands of pale pink flamingos lining the lake's shores. With other terrain, including marshland, forest and cliffs, this reserve is home to a host of other animals, such as hippos, Colobus monkeys, warthogs and vultures.
Spread across the Kenyan-Tanzanian border, with Mount Kilimanjaro brooding in the south, Amboseli National Park is a great place to watch free-ranging elephants. The relatively sparse terrain means large herds are very easy to spot, especially from Observation Hill at the south-east end of the park. From here you get spectacular views of the park, and at the base of the hill lies a swamp which draws hippos, buffaloes and of course elephants.
A Room with a ViewThroughout your journey, you will be provided with comfortable, stylish accommodation. Your first stop at the Sarova Stanley, a famous, luxury hotel in the heart of Nairobi, will be the ideal spot to begin a safari. With a rooftop pool, sumptuous dining options and rooms featuring five-star ameneties, you'll be relaxed and well-rested before starting your adventure. Mara Sarova Game Camp, Lion Hill Lodge and Amboseli Serena Lodge all provide elegant and comfortable accommodation amongst Kenya's most exciting wildlife. Expect to swim next to a hippo pool or sip coffee watching elephants roam!
Day 1: Nairobi
- Upon your arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport you will transfer to the Stanley Hotel in Nairobi where you will spend the night, with your safari starting the next morning
- Depending on your arrival time you can explore Nairobi or just rest up before your safari adventure
- Overnight at the Sarova Stanley
Day 2: Masai Mara National Reserve
- After breakfast you will depart from Nairobi for the Masai Mara National Reserve
- You will overnight at the Sarova Mara Tented Lodge for two nights where you will be staying on a full board basis
- Lunch is served on your arrival, followed by an afternoon game drive through the reserve
- Return for dinner at the camp and relaxation in comfort
Day 3: Masai Mara National Reserve
- You will be woken up early for a morning game drive in the Masai Mara and then an afternoon game drive will follow
- At certain times of the year the park is the scene of the Wildebeest Migration - and timing your safari accordingly might mean that you are witness to this great wildlife spectacle
Day 4: Lake Nakuru National Park
- After breakfast you’ll be driven to Lake Nakuru in time for lunch at the Lion Hill Lodge
- After lunch, you will have an afternoon game drive
- Dinner and overnight at the lodge
Day 5: Amboseli National Park
- Spend the day travelling towards Amboseli, stopping off for lunch and game viewing on the way
- You will stay overnight at Amboseli Serena Lodge on a full board basis
- Amboseli is famous for its unforgettable views of Kilimanjaro, and an abundant population of free-ranging elephants.
Day 6: Amboseli National Park
- After breakfast you will be taken on a full day game drive
- Dinner and evening relaxation at the lodge
- Depending on your schedule, there will be the opportunity for an early morning game drive
- Departure for Nairobi at your convenience
~ END ~
Wildlife you might see
During your holiday you will have the chance to see the animals pictured below - unfortunately we can't guaruntee that you'll see all the animals, but hopefully the photos will give you an idea of what to look out for!
African Hunting Dog
Black-and-White Colobus Monkey
Great White Pelican
Prices for this tourThis tour is on special offer! The prices won't stay this low for long, so make sure to enquire so you don't miss out.
|2 - 3 people: $2,829 per person ... book now||4+ People: $2,229 per person ... book now|
- Single Room Supplement: $635