Lake Manyara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro & Tarangire
From: $2,500 per person (7 days, 6 nights)
- See a huge variety of wildlife and birdlife
- Visit the Ngorongoro Crater - the eighth wonder of the world...?
- 7 days to explore Tanzania's amazing wilderness
- Visit the fascinating Olduvai Gorge Museum
- All transfers included
- Flexible bookings - you choose the dates
A Lifetime in One WeekWith the diversity of landscape, the concentration of game, the hospitality of the people and some very special unique touches, one week on safari in Tanzania can seem like a lifetime.
Departing Arusha after breakfast for afternoon arrival in Lake Manyara, you will spend your first magical afternoon on safari spotting buffalo, elephant, giraffe, hippo and, if you are very fortunate, perhaps a tree-climbing Manyara lion!
At the Serengeti, you will spend your days on game drives, looking out for wildebeest, lion, elephant, giraffe, zebra, monkey, baboon, hippo, rhino, antelope and hundreds of bird species. With any trip to this, the world’s most famous wildlife sanctuary, the emphasis is on game viewing and lots of it! En route to the Serengeti, budding anthropologists can visit the Olduvai Gorge Museum, dedicated to famous researchers Louis and Mary Leakey, who made many crucial discoveries in this part of Tanzania, unravelling the mysteries of the origins of humankind.
A guided walk on the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater is your next safari activity. Escorted by a ranger or Masai Guide, this is the ultimate way to really take in the sights, sounds and scents of the Tanzanian wilderness, gaining an authentic safari experience and an opportunity to stretch your legs! You will delight at the birds and monkeys which you spot along your way. You will also take a wonderful game drive on the crater bottom, slowly descending the crater’s 2000ft high walls, and marvelling at the wildlife which reside there – giraffe, zebra, hippo, flamingo, jackal, antelope and, of course, the “Big Five”.
Your final stop at Tarangire is the perfect way to end your perfect week. Huge baobab dotting the landscape is one unique feature of this national park. The sight of a group of antelope or zebra lazily grazing under the shade of one of these vast and impressive trees is something you will treasure!
Your AccommodationAt Lake Manyara, any stay in the Lake Manyara Serena Lodge is special. With arguably the best pool in Tanzania, with a vanishing horizon seemingly disappearing into the wilderness below, delicious food and attentive service, you’ll feel well-rested and looked after at this lodge.
At the Serengeti you will spend two fabulous nights at the Mapito Tented Camp. Here, comfort and hospitality in the heart of the wilderness awaits you. This luxury camp offers an authentic safari experience, surrounded by wild creatures, without sacrificing hospitality or comfort.
The Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge's position on the western side of the rim offers the most stunning sunset views, whether you’re enjoying them from the lobby, the restaurant or your own guest bedroom. After your game drive on the crater bottom, this is one of the best ways to experience the crater from above.
The Tarangire Safari Lodge evokes a sense of child-like excitement, with the canvas walls and zip-up doors of the tents putting one in mind of some safari-adventure of old. Yet luxurious touches such as delicious breakfast buffets, sumptuous international dishes, an outdoor pool and a well-stocked bar remind you that you are still in the lap of luxury.
Day 1: Lake Manyara
- Depart for Lake Manyara after breakfast
- Afternoon game drive in this wonderful park, recognised for its incredible beauty
- Dinner and overnight at Lake Manyara Serena Lodge
Day 2: Lake Manyara - Serengeti
- Depart for the Serengeti after breakfast
- Make an en route stop at the Olduvai Museum, dedicated to famous anthropologists Louis and Mary Leakey, who made many important discoveries on the origins of human kind at the nearby Olduvai Gorge
- Stop for a picnic lunch, before moving further into the Serengeti for an afternoon game drive
- Dinner and overnight at Mapito Tented Camp
Day 3: Serengeti
- Full day of game drives in the Serengeti, spotting wildebeest, lions, elephants, giraffes, zebras, monkeys, baboons, hippos, rhinos, antelopes and many birds and other species
- Dinner and overnight at Mapito Tented Camp
Day 4: Ngorongoro
- After breakfast proceed to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Take an exciting guided nature walk at the rim of the crater, escorted by your ranger or Masai guide
- Dinner and overnight at the Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge
Day 5: Ngorongoro
- Today you will descend into the crater for an amazing game drive and picnic lunch at the crater bottom
- Among the species are lions, elephants, giraffes, zebras, hippos, flamingos, jackals, rhinos, antelopes, many birds and other species. With a little luck the "Big Five" may even be spotted on just one game drive
- Dinnerand overnight at the Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge
Day 6: Tarangire
- Proceed to Tarangire National Park after breakfast
- Spot some of the national parks huge population of elephants, and marvel at the huge baobab trees which characterise the landscape
- Dinner and overnight at Kikoti Tented Camp
- Take an early morning game drive if desired, and depart for Arusha in the morning after breakfast in accordance with your onward travel plans
~ END ~
Wildlife you might see
During your holiday you will have the chance to see the animals pictured below - unfortunately we can't guaruntee that you'll see all the animals, but hopefully the photos will give you an idea of what to look out for!
Great White Pelican
Prices for this tourThis tour is on special offer! The prices won't stay this low for long, so make sure to enquire so you don't miss out.
|2 - 3 people: $3,225 per person ... book now||4+ People: $2,500 per person ... book now|
- Single Room Supplement: $385